Knowledge Based Systems, Inc. (KBSI) is a dynamic engineering and system analysis, consulting, and systems/software development company specializing in business process redesign, production optimization, corporate integration of software, and technical service support. Located in College Station, TX, KBSI has more than two and a half decades of experience in systems analysis, design and development and in developing cutting-edge technologies for business process analysis, discrete event simulation, process modeling and analysis, data mining, activity based costing, workflow optimization and system engineering methods in a host of government and commercial projects.
KBSI hires technical professionals in the areas of mechanical, industrial, electrical, and manufacturing engineering, as well as computer science, management science, systems analysis and artificial intelligence. KBSI also has offices in Dayton, OH and Oklahoma City, OK.
College Station is home not only to KBSI, but to Texas A&M University, known for its rich tradition which engenders a sense of loyalty and respect in its students and community. Texas A&M's triple designation as aLand,Sea, andSpace-Grantinstitution reflects the broad scope of the research endeavors it brings to the city. With ongoing projects funded by agencies such asNASA, theNational Institutes of Health, theNational Science Foundation, and theOffice of Naval Research, it offers opportunity for research and development careers to flourish. College Station was named byMoneymagazine as the most educated city in Texas, and the 11th-most educated city in the United States.
For the individual looking to continue their education while earning a living, College Station is the ideal place to live and work. Here, you can enjoy a small town atmosphere with big city amenities as you continue your education. It’s a great place to raise a family, with exemplary schools and a plethora of things to do. There is no shortage of fun activities to enjoy, with access to art galleries & museums, music and theater, parks, shopping, nightlife and golf courses, to name a few. You can also take advantage of the close proximity to Houston, Austin and Dallas.
If working and living in College Station appeals to you, see our employment opportunities below.
Experienced Software Developers
KBSI is seeking experienced software developers. The successful candidate(s) must have the ability to accept assignments and operate independently. Candidates must have the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to solve problems. These are non-supervisory positions.
KBSI is seeking candidates with any combination of the following skills:
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with jQuery, REST, JSON, AJAX, AngularJS.
- Experience with designing & developing the UI for websites and web applications
- Experience with one or more of the following: .Net, Java, MVC
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft SQL Server and relational database development
- Knowledge & understanding of mobile or responsive web design technologies
- Desire and willingness to work as part of a distributed, collaborative & innovative team
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Prefer experience using TFS or comparable source control solutions
Consideration will be given to both breadth and depth of coverage.
Experience in some combination of the following areas is required:
- Operate independently on a customer site
- Interact with customers to identify detailed requirements of computer application systems
- Provide inputs to project management on level of effort estimates and design trade-off impacts
- Analyze and document requirements
- Evaluate the reuse of software modules across different projects
- Assist in technology transfer and adoption
- Perform analysis of relevant state of the art client server architectures and software platforms
- Investigate appropriate libraries, framework, and software modules for implementing business objects, charts, widgets, data analysis visualization
- Implement both structured and agile software development methods
- Extraction of information from unstructured text.
KBSI is seeking researchers with demonstrated capabilities to initiate and perform research in one or more of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems, Optimization, Supply Chain Modeling, Ontology Modeling and Analysis, Knowledge Representation, Automated Reasoning, Truth Maintenance Systems, Machine Learning Methods, Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, Multi-Agent Systems, and Social Network Modeling and Analysis.
Ph.D. in at least one of the following areas (preferred but not required): Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, and Operations Research.
Locations: College Station, TX; Dayton, OH,(Oklahoma City, and Washington D.C. are also options)
Dayton Requirement: Candidate needs to be able eligible for a security clearance
KBSI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled)