As a business process consulting company, KBSI attracts talented, capable individuals who are comfortable and productive in a fast-paced culture. We hire technical professionals in the areas of mechanical, industrial, electrical, and manufacturing engineering, as well as computer science, management science, systems analyst and artificial intelligence. We also hire professionals skilled in accounting, marketing and sales, technical writing, contracts administration, and office administration to support our research, product development, training and consulting efforts.
The KBSI benefits package includes
- paid medical, group basic life & AD/D, vision, group basic life & short term/long term disability;
- 401k with employer match;
- Elective insurance options: dental, accidental and cancer, voluntary & dependent life; and
- Vacation, sick leave, personal leave, and paid holidays.
Researchers with demonstrated capabilities to initiate and perform research in one or more of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems, Optimization, Supply Chain Modeling, Ontology Modeling and Analysis, Knowledge Representation, Automated Reasoning, Truth Maintenance Systems, Machine Learning Methods, Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, Multi-Agent Systems, and Social Network Modeling and Analysis.
Ph.D. in at least one of the following areas (preferred but not required): Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, and Operations Research.
Experienced Software Developers
Knowledge Based Systems, Inc. (KBSI) is seeking experienced software developers. The successful candidate(s) must have the ability to accept assignments and operate independently. Candidates must have the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to solve problems. These are non-supervisory positions.
KBSI is seeking candidates with the following skills:
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with jQuery, REST, JSON, AJAX, AngularJS.
- Experience with designing & developing the UI for websites and web applications
- Experience with one or more of the following: .Net, Java, MVC
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft SQL Server and relational database development
- Knowledge & understanding of mobile or responsive web design technologies
- Desire and willingness to work as part of a distributed, collaborative & innovative team
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Prefer experience using TFS or comparable source control solutions
Candidates with any combination of these skills may apply. Experience in some combination of the following areas is required:
- Operate independently on a customer site
- Interact with customers to identify detailed requirements of computer application systems
- Provide inputs to project management on level of effort estimates and design trade-off impacts
- Analyze and document requirements
- Evaluate the reuse of software modules across different projects
- Assist in technology transfer and adoption
- Perform analysis of relevant state of the art client server architectures and software platforms
- Investigate appropriate libraries, framework, and software modules for implementing business objects, charts, widgets, data analysis visualization
- Implement both structured and agile software development methods
- Extraction of information from unstructured text.
Consideration will be given to both breadth and depth of coverage.
Locations: College Station, TX; Dayton, OH,(Oklahoma City, and Washington D.C. are also options)
Dayton Requirement: Candidate needs to be able eligible for a security clearance